What is Kinesiology?
The Kinesio Taping® Method is a definitive rehabilitative taping technique that is designed to facilitate the body’s natural healing process while providing support and stability to muscles and joints without restricting the body’s range of motion as well as providing extended soft tissue manipulation to prolong the benefits of manual therapy administered within the clinical setting. Latex-free and wearable for days at a time, Kinesio® Tex Tape is safe for populations ranging from pediatric to geriatric, and successfully treats a variety of orthopedic, neuromuscular, neurological and other medical conditions. The Kinesio® Taping Method is a therapeutic taping technique not only offering your patient the support they are looking for, but also rehabilitating the affected condition as well.
The Benefits of Kinesiology
- It has been proven to have positive physiological effects on the skin
- It has been proven to have positive physiological effects on the lymphatic and circulatory system
- It has been proven to have positive physiological effects on the fascia, muscles, ligaments, tendons, and joints
- It can be used in conjunction with a multitude of other treatments and modalities
- It is effective during the rehabilitative and chronic phases of an injury
- It is an effective as a preventative measure against injury
Certified Kinesio Practitioner
- Darcie Hughes, Licensed Massage Therapist, Certified Kinesio Practitioner, and Doula: LMT, CKTP
- Monday-Friday: 9am – 8pm
- Saturday: 9am – 5pm
Call 607-962-0856 for an appointment